A quick, step-by-step guide to developing the practical negotiating skills that every business manager needs. The authors cover preparation, strategy development, getting started, building understanding, bargaining, and closing the deal. Managers learn effective tools for negotiating within their own groups, including organizing successful meetings and techniques for building consensus.
What are the Most Common and Costly Mistakes Made by Ineffective Negotiating and How Can These Mistakes be Avoided? What are the Underlying Principles and Stages Which Govern the Negotiation Process? How Should We Manage Interpersonal Negotiations and What Are the Strategies and Tactics Used by Effective Negotiating Teams? What are the Different Approaches to Multi-Party Negotiations and Which Approach is Most Effective for Negotiating Across Cultures?
The Essence of Management Series is an invaluable reference source for managers on short courses; for MBA and undergraduate students who want to get quickly to the heart of the subject; and as reference material for managers and aspiring managers wishing to improve their knowledge and skills.
2. The Nature of World Politics
3. The Study of World Politics
4. The International Arena
5. The Arena of World Politics
6. The State System
7. Beyond the State System
8. The Multinational Corporations in the World Arena
9. The International Agenda
10. The Nature of the International Agenda
11. New Issues and the International Arena
12. North-South Relations on the International Agenda
13. Policy, Process and Power in World Politics
14. Policy and Politics in the International System
15. Power and International Relations
16. International Interactions
17. US-Russian/Soviet Relations: Policy, Process and Power
18. Order, Justice and Change in World Politics
19. Power, Order and Justice in World Politics
20. Law, Institutions and Regimes in World Politics
21. Human Rights in World Politics
22. Images of World Politics