Writing and Designing Manuals and Warnings, Fifth Edition
Technology is changing the way we do business, the way we communicate with each other, and the way we learn. This new edition is intended to help technical writers, graphic artists, engineers, and others who are charged with producing product documentation in the rapidly changing technological world. While preserving the basic guidelines for developing manuals and warnings presented in the previous edition, this new edition offers new material as well, including a much-expanded section on hazard analysis.
- Provides more explicit guidance on conducting a hazard analysis, including methods and documentation
- Offers in-depth discussion of digital platforms, including video, animations, and even virtual reality, to provide users with operating instructions and safety information
- Incorporates current research into effective cross-cultural communication—essential in today’s global economy
- Explains new US and international standards for warning labels and product instructions
- Presents expanded material on user analysis, including addressing generational differences in experience and preferred learning styles
Writing and Designing Manuals and Warnings, Fifth Edition explores how emerging technologies are changing the world of product documentation from videos to virtual reality and all points in between.
"Writing and Designing Manuals and Warnings is intended as a reference fortechnical writers, marketing directors,
product safety managers, and anyone involved with or interested in manuals, manufacturing, and safety. This book
has been the authoritative resource in instructional writing and manual design since its first published edition
-Michael Opsteegh, Certified Technical Professional Communicator