Drawing on real-world experience and presented in an informal and accessible manner, Writing and Publishing Research in Kinesiology, Health, and Sport Science provides upper-level students and early-career academics with an essential resource to aid in disseminating research and publishing their first papers.
Logically structured to take researchers through each step of the publishing process, the book offers subject-specific advice on developing every aspect of theoretical, applied, or position papers, including:
• the title, abstract and keywords
• method, results, and discussion sections
• finding the right journal and submitting a paper
• revising content in light of peer review
• presenting papers.
This is important and accessible reading for any researchers seeking advice on publishing their work in fields including but not limited to kinesiology, health, exercise science, physical education, or recreation.
1. Introduction and Assumptions
3. Title, Abstract, and Keywords
4. Introduction of the Manuscript
8. Theoretical, Applied, or Position Papers
9. References, Tables, and Figures
10. Finding the Right Journal
11. Components of the Submission and the Submission Process
12. Rejection, Revisions, and Acceptance
14. Book Publishing