A combination of source inspection and mistake-proofing devices is the only method to get you to zero defects. Shigeo Shingo shows you how this proven system for reducing errors turns out the highest quality products in the shortest period of time. Shingo provides 112 specific examples of poka-yoke development devices on the shop floor, most of them costing less than $100 to implement. He also discusses inspection systems, quality control circles, and the function of management with regard to inspection.
Table of Contents
1. Inspections and the Structure of Production
2. Management Functions and Quality Control
3. Inspections Don't Reduce Defects
4. Approaching the Zero QC Method
5. More on Inspection Systems
6. Using Poka-yoke Systems
7. Examples of Poka-yoke Systems
8. Quality Control and QC Circles
About the Author
Shigeo Shingo (Author) Since 1982, the author has continued travelling and consulting around the world. Since 1985, he has offered seminars in the United States under the auspices of Productivity, Inc.