BiographySalim Reza is a research scientist at Mid Sweden University, Sweden. He has a licentiate and a PhD degree in radiation detectors and measurements. He earned his PhD degree from Mid Sweden University and Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY), Hamburg, Germany. He is an expert in phase-contrast x-ray imaging technique, Monte Carlo and finite element method-based simulation of radiation sensors, and developing radiation detection systems. He has worked in the development of the PERCIVAL detector system, intended to be used in the experiments at the European XFEL. He is also involved in the development and the characterization of the Medipix detector, developed by an international collaboration of scientists hosted by CERN. Improving work conditions and environment for academics is one of his major concerns. He has been elected as the vice-chairman in the national committee for The Swedish Association of University Teachers and Researchers, PhD section.
Areas of Research / Professional Expertise
- Development and characterization of hybrid and monolithic pixel sensors.
- Monte Carlo algorithm based detector simulation.
- Finite Element Method (FEM) based TCAD simulation of charge transport, charge
sharing and charge collection.
- Measurements in synchrotrons.
- Phase-contrast X-ray imaging: experimental set-up, measurements, image reconstructions
and image analysis.
- Pattern recognition and particle track analysis.
- Applications of X-ray detectors in industrial quality inspection.
- X-ray fluorescence measurements for environmental applications.
- Beer connoisseur.