BiographyDr. Usman W. Chohan (@EconomistChohan) is a post-doctoral fellowship at the University of New South Wales (UNSW Canberra), Australia. Dr. Chohan has a PhD from UNSW Canberra and an MBA from McGill University. He has previously worked at the World Bank Institute and the National Bank of Canada, while also being a Global Shaper of the World Economic Forum. Dr. Chohan is ranked among the top 20 business authors on the Social Science Research Network (SSRN, L12M) and was included among Australia’s 50 Top Thinkers by The Conversation Australia (2016). He is also the President of the International Association of Hyperpolyglots (HYPIA) with fluency in various Indo-European languages including English, French, Spanish, Urdu, Portuguese, Punjabi etc. His areas of research specialization include Public Value Theory, One Belt One Road, Cryptocurrencies, Budget Reform & Legislative Oversight, and Aerospace & Defense Economics. He is also the Director of Economics and National Affairs at the Centre for Aerospace and Security Studies (CASS).
Areas of Research / Professional Expertise
Public Value Theory, One Belt One Road, Cryptocurrencies, Budget Reform & Legislative Oversight, and Aerospace & Defense Economics.
- Languages: Speaks 7 Indo-European languages with fluency, along with conversant fluency in various others
- Music: plays the Sitar & 4 other stringed instruments
- Writing: has written 60+ op-eds for publications in 15 countries
- Research: has an H-Index of 27
- Technology: one of the most-read authors in the domain of cryptocurrencies/blockchain