Areas of Research / Professional Expertise
• Heresy studies: notably how literature challenges and redefines all kinds of doctrines, including religious norms.
• Gender studies: in particular the models and scripts of female heroism employed in women's epics.
• Travel studies: the way in which travel writers see the world through a political lens and use their writings from abroad to further certain ideologies.
• Music: I love blues, jazz, and rock music, with a sprinkling of urban folk. Van Morrison is my musical god.
• Art & Culture: The first thing I do in every city is to explore the local art museums, galleries, and sculpture gardens. I'm a fan of sculpture in general, and of glass art in particular.
• Traveling: I've been to over 50 countries and hope to expand my horizons further. Mountain hiking is one of my greatest joys.