BiographyDr. Jakhotiya runs a management consulting firm ‘Jakhotiya & Associates’ with the support of his wife, Mrs. Manjiri and other colleagues. Before venturing into a profession of management consulting, research and training, Dr. Jakhotiya was a senior professor of Finance and Strategy at the well-known Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, University of Mumbai (Bombay) where he was awarded as ‘The All India Best Young Professor of Management’ by the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS) in 1996. He was also awarded as ‘The Best Management Teacher’ by the Bombay Management Association in 1997. Five scholars got Ph.D. in management under his guidance. He designed many new management courses during his tenure as a professor.
He has educated more than 27,000 corporate executives, government bureaucrats, entrepreneurs and bankers during last twenty-nine years in the areas of Strategic Management, Financial Management, Public Finance and Human Resource Management. He has also lectured on ‘Economic Governance’ in special workshops organized for Indian politicians. His training programs are based on contemporary ideas, live case studies and original literature. Most of these programs offer consultative solutions to the ongoing problems of his clients.
Dr. Jakhotiya has been a consultant and an educator for some of the well-known professional institutions like the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants England (India Branch), Bombay Chartered Accountants Society, Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, Institute of Cost Accountants of India, Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) and Maharashtra Chamber of Commerce, Industries & Agriculture.
Major areas of consultations offered by Dr. Jakhotiya & his firm are as follows –
1. Strategic Planning, Execution & Measurement
2. Business & Organizational Restructuring
3. Designing a comprehensive Performance Management System inclusive of Performance Based Remuneration
4. Designing the policies, processes and programs of Organizational Effectiveness
5. Strategizing the HR Function for its entrepreneurial role
6. Institutionalization of Entrepreneurial Leadership across the organization
7. Strategic Cost Management – Policies, Programs & Processes
8. Management & Operational Control System
9. Business Valuation including Brand & Human Resource Valuation
10. Budgeting & Budgetary Control System
11. Product & Process Costing System
12. Asset Performance Audit for the banks
13. Designing various financial models like Leasing, Structured Finance and Infrastructure Finance etc.
Five scholars got Ph.D. under the guidance of Dr. Jakhotiya in the following areas –
1. Investment Portfolio Management
2. Growth Strategies for Indian multinational companies
3. Strategies for Structural Reforms in Public Sector
4. Financing Strategies for Public Infrastructure
5. Objectivity in Performance Evaluation
Dr. Jakhotiya has authored following Books & Monographs–
1. Strategic Financial Management (Revised & enlarged edition) (Published by Vikas Publishing House, Delhi)
2. Finance Made Simple (co-authored with Mrs. Manjiri G. Jakhotiya, published by Jakhotiya & Associates, Mumbai)
3. Portfolio Management – Scope for Management Accountants (an ICAI publication)
4. Glossary in Management Accounting (an ICAI publication)
5. Strategic Management Accounting (an ICAI publication)
Strategy, Finance & Human Resources
Areas of Research / Professional Expertise
Dr. Jakhotiya is doing research on fundamental issues and problems presently being faced by the global economy. He has designed a basic frame for this research titled as ‘Spiritual Economics’ (or Eternal Economics). He strongly believes that a pragmatic and sustainable combination of socialist economic equity and capitalist entrepreneurial wisdom should be a right answer for the present global dilemmas.
Reading, singing, playing chess