Speechmark books and materials on special educational needs, social and emotional wellbeing, early years and language and vocabulary provide best practice and inspiration to practitioners in education, health and social care.
Materials include card sets, educational games and story book sets containing illustrated story books for children and accompanying guidebooks for adults.
Special Education Needs and Disability (SEND)
- Written by experienced SENCOs Journeying to the Heart of SENCO Wellbeing offers crucial support and guidance on important aspects of what can be a challenging and complex role.
- Co-producing SMART Targets for Children with SEND includes case studies and reflective activities to further support the reader with creative and innovative approaches to SMART targets that are underpinned by the child's perspective.
- Autism, Identity and Me provides parents, school staff and therapists with the tools needed to support children and young people as they develop a positive understanding of their autistic identity. It can be bought in a set with a workbook for children aged 10+ that will help them to develop a positive understanding of their autistic identity.
- Blending key theory with practical strategies and takeaways Diverse Voices in Educational Practice supports teachers seeking to sensitively understand and respond to the opinions and perceptions of critical stakeholders in student learning and development.
Shop Inclusion and Special Education
Social and Emotional Wellbeing
- Emotional Wellbeing provides practical suggestions to support emotional wellbeing in children and young children that can be implemented straight away to make a positive difference.
- Designed to assist adults in introducing children to their inner world and connecting that world to the world around us, A Practical Resource for Understanding Behaviour and Emotions contains six sessions that can be delivered to children in a large group, as a class, in smaller groups or individually. It can be bought in a set with a storybook for children which helps them to explore and understand their inner emotional world.
- This guidebook is for adults working with children and young people who have faced adverse childhood experiences. It can be bought in a set with a storybook for children which can help to develop greater emotional literacy in children with a background of trauma.
- Better Mental Health in Schools recognises the value of school staff in supporting mental health in children and young people and introduces new skills for enhancing the therapeutic benefits of environments and relationships in schools.
Shop Social and Emotional Wellbeing Books
- Challenging Gender Stereotypes in the Early Years is for any early years practitioner who wishes to expand their knowledge and improve their practice around gender stereotyping in the early years.
- Creating Authentic Relationships with Parents of Young Children considers the pragmatic, kind, and caring ways that educational settings can support parents’ struggles, as well as benefitting from their wide-ranging knowledge and capabilities.
- Developing Child-Centred Practice for Safeguarding and Child Protection provides early years practitioners with all that they need to be confident and competent as they fulfil their roles and obligations to safeguard and protect children.
- Little Brains Matter highlights the multi-faceted role of adults as ‘brain builders’ and encourage the reader to consider how the environment, play and interactions are crucially interlinked.
Language and Vocabulary
- Enriching Vocabulary in Secondary Schools provides practical ways to support children and adolescents with speech, language, and communication needs (SLCN), as they learn.
- Word Aware is a structured process for teaching vocabulary. Find out more.
- Morph Mastery author Louise Selby has provided this handy introduction to morphology.
- Speech and Language in the Early Years is packed full of practical ideas and techniques to support speech and language development in young children.
Shop Speech and Language Therapy books
Card Sets and Educational Games
- Sex Ed on the Cards is a fun, factual and LGBTQ+ inclusive resource for delivering effective and engaging relationships and sex education (RSE) to students aged 14+.
- Find the Link is fun and interactive board game that has been designed to develop word-finding and categorisation skills for children and adults.
- The Action Picture Test is widely used by Speech & Language Therapists / Pathologists, SENCOs and teachers to assess the speech and language development of children between 3 and 8.5 years of age.
- Targeting Adult Stammering have been developed from clinical work with groups of adults who stammer and refined by an established author with over 40 years of experience working with children and adults.
Story Book Sets
- Zedie and Zoola’s Playful Universe: An Inclusive Playtime Resource Which Lifts Communication Barriers From The Playground provides ideas and tools to support children aged 6-9 with communication conditions as they socialise with their peers.
- Being With Our Feelings contains a guidebook and four colourful picture books, that will help to develop children’s mental, physical and emotional wellbeing..
- The Luna Little Legs Storybook and Professional Guide has been created to help preschool children understand about domestic abuse and coercive control.
- Grammar Tales is a practical resource that contains 6 beautifully illustrated picture books, with an accompanying user guide for adults that supports grammar and language development in young children.
Clinical Speech and Language Therapy
- This workbook provides hands-on activities, strategies, planning sheets and progress trackers for use with children with selective mutism at home, at school and in the wider community.
- Working with Children Experiencing Speech and Language Disorders in a Bilingual Context provides the reader with the tools needed to overcome the perception that assessment with bilingual children is more complicated and develop skills in working in a language that they don’t share with the client.
- Navigating Telehealth for Speech and Language Therapists presents 50 transferable, adaptable, practical and accessible chapters for speech and language therapists and others working via remote consultations
- Reflective Clinical Supervision in Speech and Language Therapy de-mystifies supervision in speech and language therapy, focusing on the practicalities and pitfalls.