About the Book
A comprehensive survey of all the countries and territories of Central and South-Eastern Europe, presenting the latest economic and political developments.
- Includes expert comment on issues of regional importance, up-to-date statistics, a directory of institutes and companies and political profiles
- Provides an impartial and current perspective on economic and political developments
- leading authorities on the area analyze topics of regional interest. Subjects covered are: Central and South-Eastern European Economies; Minorities in Central and South-Eastern Europe; Environmental Governance and EU Enlargement; Modern Greece in South-Eastern Europe; The Baltic Sea Region; Kosovo and Other Developments in the Former Yugoslavia; and Bosnia and Herzegovina since Dayton; The Impact of EU Integration on Social Policy Reforms in Central and South-Eastern Europe; and a new appendix on Kaliningrad.
- detailed individual chapters for each country that include a description of physical and social geography; a chronology; essays on the history and economy; a statistical survey; and a directory of names and addresses and background information covering the constitution, national and local government, political organizations, the judicial system, religion, the press, finance, trade and industry etc.
Who's Who in Central and South-Eastern Europe
- biographical details on more than 180 of the region's leading political figures.
- detailed information on the following: regional organizations; research institutes; a select periodicals bibliography and a select books bibliography.
'This is an impressive reference work providing an impartial and invaluable guide to the politics, economy and history of the region' - European Access Plus
BISAC Subject Codes/Headings:
- REFERENCE / General