256 pages | 141 B/W Illus.
This practical guide to optical microscopy provides an outline of the physical principles behind different forms of optical microscopy, without using any complex maths. Detailed physics is provided in boxed sections, which can be overlooked by the non-specialist.
This book is an invaluable tool for use within research groups and laboratories in physics and life sciences, acting as a first source of practical information to guide less experienced users (or those new to a particular methodology) on the specific methods available, enabling them to select the "right tool for the job".
2. Understanding Light in Optical Microscopy.
3. Basic Widefield Microscopy.
4. Advanced Widefield Microscopy.
5. Confocal Microscopy.
6. Fluorescence Lifetime Microscopy.
7. Single Plane Illumination Microscopy.
8. Multiphoton Fluorescence Microscopy.
9. Harmonic Microscopy.
10. Raman Microscopy.
11. Holographic Microscopy.
12. Super Resolution Microscopy.
13. How to Obtain the most from your Data.
14. Selection Criteria for Optical Microscopy.