418 pages | 261 B/W Illus.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Qualitative Data Coding is a comprehensive qualitative data analysis guide. It is designed to help readers to systematically analyze qualitative data in a transparent and consistent manner, thus promoting the credibility of their findings.
The book examines the art of coding data, categorizing codes, and synthesizing categories and themes. Using real data for demonstrations, it provides step-by-step instructions and illustrations for analyzing qualitative data. Some of the demonstrations include conducting manual coding using Microsoft Word and how to use qualitative data analysis software such as Dedoose, NVivo and QDA Miner Lite to analyze data. It also contains creative ways of presenting qualitative findings and provides practical examples.
After reading this book, readers will be able to:
It is a great resource for qualitative research instructor and undergraduate and graduate students who want to gain skills in analyzing qualitative data or who plan to conduct a qualitative study. It is also useful for researchers and practitioners in the social and health sciences fields.
1. Introduction to Qualitative Data Analysis
2. Review of Qualitative Approaches and their Data Analysis Methods
3. Understanding the Art of Coding Qualitative Data
4. Preparing Data to Code
5. Reflecting, Acknowledging and Bracketing Your Perspectives and Preconceptions
6. Documenting Personal Reflections and Analytical Process
7. Manually Assigning Codes to Data
8. Developing Categories and Themes
9. Connecting Themes and Developing Tables and Diagrams
10. Using QDA Miner Lite to Analyze Qualitative Data
11. Using NVivo 12 to Analyze Qualitative Data
12. Using Dedoose to Analyze Qualitative Data
13. Presenting Qualitative Findings
14. Ensuring Credibility of the Analysis Process and Findings