Apple Academic Press
215 pages | 8 Color Illus. | 48 B/W Illus.
This volume showcases a selection of new research on nanotechnological applications for environmental protection along with new advanced technologies in nanochemistry. It presents an interdisciplinary approach that brings together materials science, chemistry, and nanotechnology.
Part 1 of the volume looks at environmental topics that include an exploration of the challenges of the global water crisis and new technology in nanofiltration and water purification. It provides an informative overview of green nanotechnology, green nanomaterials, and green chemistry.
Some of the advanced technologies discussed in Part 2 include the application of quantum dots, a nanochemical approach to using ICT technology, and new research on polymer nanocomposites as a smart material along with its synthesis, preparation, and properties. Other important topics are included as well.
The volume provides an overview of the highlights and potential for future developments and applications in chemical engineering.
Part 1: Nanotechnology For Environment Protection
1. Global Water Crisis, Nanofiltration, the Vast Innovations, and the Vision for the Future
2. Nanofiltration, Nanotechnology, and Chemical Engineering Science: The Scientific Truth and a Vision for the Future
3. Water Purification and Nanotechnology: A Critical Overview and a Vision for the Future
4. Green Nanotechnology: An Approach Toward Environment Safety
Francisco Torrens and Gloria Castellano
5. Green Nanotechnology, Green Nanomaterials, and Green Chemistry: A Far-Reaching Review and a Vision for the Future
Part 2: Advanced Technolologies
6. Quantum Dots and Their Applications
Rakshit Ameta et al.
7. Shifting Nanochemistry to ICT Technology: A Chemoinformatics Approach
8. Polymer Nanocomposites, a Smart Material: Synthesis, Preparation, and Properties
9. Theoretical Bases of Simulation of Formation Processes of Nanostructures in a Gas Medium and Results of Numerical Studies of Nanosystems
A. Yu. Fedotov
10. Carbon Nanotubes as Chemical Sensors and Biosensors: A Review
Rakshit Ameta et al.
11. Applications of Micellear Phase of Pluronics and Tetronics as Nanoreactors in the Synthesis of Nobel Metal Nanoparticles
Rajpreet Kaur et al.
12. Мethods for Calculating the Thermoelectric Characteristics of Nanomaterials
A. V. Severyukhin, O. Yu. Severyukhina, and A. V. Vakhrushev