Analysis of Pavement Structures
Analysis of Pavement Structures brings together current research and existing knowledge on the analysis and design of pavements and introduces load and thermal stress analyses of asphalt and concrete pavement structures in a simple and step-by-step manner. For the second edition of this book, a new chapter on numerical implementation (using FEM) of pavement analysis is added along with topics such as mechanical modeling of granular materials, applications of convolution theorems in visco-elasticity, visco-elastic Poisson’s ratio, concepts of fracture mechanics in relation to fatigue of asphalt mix, solution of semi-infinite and so forth. New solved examples and schematic diagrams are also added.
- Presents a simple, step-by-step approach for pavement analysis including systematic compilation of research work in the area
- Discusses further elaborations in terms of extended analytical formulations on some selected topics
- Includes new chapter on finite element analysis for pavement structures
- Contains more solved examples to understand the concepts better
- Explores primary application of pavement analysis in pavement thickness design
This book is aimed at graduate students, structural mechanics researchers, and senior undergraduate students in civil/pavement/highway/transport engineering.