Analysis of Pavement Structures
- Available for pre-order on March 1, 2023. Item will ship after March 22, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Analysis of Pavement Structures brings together current research and existing knowledge on the analysis and design of pavements and introduces load and thermal stress analyses of asphalt and concrete pavement structures in a simple and step-by-step manner. For the second edition of this book, new chapter on numerical implementation (using FEM) of pavement analysis is added along with topics as mechanical modeling of granular materials, applications of convolution theorems in visco-elasticity, visco-elastic Poisson’s ratio, concepts of fracture mechanics in relation to fatigue of asphalt mix, solution of semi-infinite and so forth. New solved examples and schematic diagrams are also added.
- Presents simple, step-by-step approach for pavement analysis including systematic compilation of research work in the area.
- Discusses further elaborations in terms of extended analytical formulations on some selected topics.
- Includes new chapter on finite element analysis for pavement structures.
- Contains more solved examples to understand the concepts better.
- Explores primary application of pavement analysis in pavement thickness design .
This book aims at graduate students, structural mechanics researchers, senior undergraduate students in civil/pavement/highway/transport engineering.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction. 2. Material characterization. 3. Load stress in concrete pavement. 4. Temperature stress in concrete pavement. 5. Load stress in asphalt pavement. 6. Temperature stress in asphalt pavement. 7. Finite element analysis of pavement structures. 8. Pavement design. 9. Miscellaneous topics.
Animesh Das, Ph.D., is presently working as Professor in the Department of Civil Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur. He received his Ph.D. degree from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur. Dr. Das’s area of interest is pavement material characterization, pavement analysis, pavement design and pavement maintenance. He has many technical publications in various journals of repute and in conference proceedings. He has co-authored a text book titled Principles of Transportation Engineering published by the Prentice-Hall of India (currently, PHI learning).
He has received a number of awards in recognition to his contribution in the field, including Indian National Academy of Engineers Young Engineer award (2004) and Fulbright-Nehru Senior Research Fellowship (2012-13). Details of his works can be found on his webpage: http://home.iitk.ac.in/?adas.