Biomaterials and Materials for Medicine
Innovations in Research, Devices, and Applications
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after September 9, 2021
Biomaterials and Materials for Medicine: Innovations in Research, Devices, and Applications provides an application-oriented summary of innovations in this rapidly evolving field, offering a view of various directions in biomaterials and medical materials and their advanced uses.
- Highlights vascular, orthopedic, skin tissue engineering, and nerve tissue engineering biomaterials, including the latest research on therapeutic devices and implants
- Introduces special stent materials for palliative treatment of esophageal cancer and related technologies of surface modification
- Discusses use of biomaterials and related designs in drug targeting and controlled release
- Describes wearable biomedical devices, biomimetic materials, and micronscale and nanoscale biomaterials
- Details the theoretical calculation and computer simulation of biomaterials, as a complementary discipline with physical experimental science
This book is aimed at an interdisciplinary group of researchers working on development and application of biomaterials for medical applications in the fields of materials scientists, biomedical engineering, and medicine.
Table of Contents
1. Cardiovascular Therapeutic Devices. 2. Vascular Patches. 3. Biomaterials for Vascular Tissue Engineering. 4. Bone Mechanical Properties. 5. Surface Modification of Bone Materials. 6. Joint Materials. 7. Dental Materials. 8. Biomaterials for Skin Tissue Engineering. 9. Biomaterials for Nerve Tissue Engineering. 10. Biomaterials for Esophageal Stents. 11. Biomaterials for Drug Targeting and Controlled Release. 12. Wearable Biomedical Devices. 13. Micron-scale and Nanoscale Biomaterials. 14. Biomimetic Materials. 15. Theoretical Calculation and Computer Simulation of Biomaterials.
Jingan Li is Professor, School of Material Science and Engineering, Zhengzhou University, China.