Have you ever wondered what High/Scope is, where it came from, and how it can be used with young children in your setting?
Bringing the High Scope Approach to your Early Years Practice provides an introduction to the High/Scope philosophy and its use in early years. This new edition has been fully updated to show how the High/Scope approach links with the Early Years Foundation Stage and contains new material on working with the under twos.
- details about the High/Scope Wheel of Learning
- an explanation of Active Learning, including materials, manipulation, choice, language and support
- Plan-Do-Review activities
- planning and assessment methods.
This convenient guide will help Early Years practitioners, students and parents to really understand what the High/Scope approach can offer their setting and children.
Table of Contents
1. Introduction and background 2. The Physical Environment 3. Resources 4. How High/Scope links to the EYFS 5. How High/Scope links to the Early Years Foundation Stage 6. Acknowledgements 7. References, further reading and training opportunities
Nicky Holt has been using the High/Scope approach for the past 14 years, both as a practitioner and a trainer.