Bringing the Montessori Approach to your Early Years Practice
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Have you ever wondered what the Montessori approach is all about and how it can be used to benefit the young children in your setting?
This book explains how the Montessori approach works offering guidance on planning and assessment methods alongside practical activities for practitioners to try. Throughout there are practical examples involving children of different ages in a wide range of settings to show how Montessori principles have been implemented. .
This new edition has been fully updated to include:
- The revised areas of learning in the EYFS and how these link to Montessori practice
- An examination of early effective learning
- Approaches to effective learning in Montessori settings
- A new chapter on Montessori approaches to the assessment requirements of the EYFSquestions for reflection
This convenient guide will help early years practitioners, students and parents to really understand what the Montessori approach means to their setting and children.
Table of Contents
1. Background 2. The Montessori Approach 3. The Montessori Early Years Curriculum 4. Montessori practice and the Early Years Foundation Stage - exploration of the principles and their reflection in statutory guidance 5. Montessori practice and the Early Years Foundation Stage - exploration of learning and development 6. Observing and assessing effective early learning in Montessori classrooms 7. Montessori practice in the United Kingdom today
Barbara Isaacs is Academic Director at Montessori Centre International