COVID-19 Public Health Measures
An Augmented Reality Perspective
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after May 4, 2021
Considering the overall situation of the current pandemic and pertinent recommendations, this book focuses on the use of Augmented Reality (AR) applications for COVID-19 outbreak along with techniques, tools and platforms to achieve social distancing and sanitization. It contains theoretical and practical knowledge of AR and remedies on how to cope with the technology including multiple use cases along with a set of recommendations. It illustrates application building using open source softwares with an interactive interface to aid the impaired users. The initial part of the book emphasizes on the basic knowledge of AR, technology, devices and rest of the relevant theories. Aimed at Researchers, students in augmented reality, technical healthcare professionals, practitioners, this book:
- Focusses on realization and visualization of Covid-19 pandemic using Augmented Reality (AR).
- Discusses how different AR Visualization techniques is implemented in different scenarios.
- Provides in-depth knowledge of AR databases and IDE’s such as Unity Engine, Unreal Engine and Vuforia.
- Describes C# programming language and the importance of it in developing useful AR applications.
- Helps normal and impaired users to understand augmented technology for COVID-19.
Table of Contents
1. Pandemic & Global Outbreaks. 2. Augmented Reality Tools and Technology. 3. AR for COVID-19. 4. Experimental Analysis and Results. 5. Mitigation Remedies and Recommendations. 6. Summary. 7. Glossary. 8. Appendix A - Sources for getting AR tools (FOSS). 9. Appendix B - Coding guidelines for deploying an AR app over an Android Phone.
1) Dr. Nuzhat F. Shaikh obtained her Bachelors in Computer Engineering from Cummins College of Engineering for Women, and M.E. in Computer Engineering from Pune Institute of Computer Technology, SP Pune University, Pune, India. She completed Ph. D. in Computer Sc. & Engineering, from SGGSIET, Swami Ramanand Teerth Marathwada University, Nanded, India. She has more than 23 years of teaching and research experience. At present, she is working as Professor and Head, Department of Computer Engineering at Modern Education Society’s College of Engineering (Wadia College), Pune.
Her research areas include Artificial Intelligence, Soft Computing, Bio inspired Optimization methods, Augmented and Virtual reality. She is a reviewer of The Science and Information (SAI) Organization’s International Journal of Advanced Computer Science and Applications (IJACSA), Elsevier Journal of Applied Soft Computing(ASOC) and many more reputed journals. She has published more than 40 technical papers at various conferences and in reputed journals. She has also remained a technical program committee member and session chair for many International conferences.
She is a recognized Ph. D guide of SSPU, Pune and is guiding 4 PhD students in the area of AI, IoT and Machine Learning. She has authored a book on Multimedia Techniques.
She is a Life member CSI and Life member ISTE. She has been conferred the "Educator Excellence Award 2018" by Odser Charitable Trust for her contribution to the teaching fraternity.
2) Mr. Ajinkya Kunjir, obtained his B.E degree in Computer Engineering from Modern Education Society’s College of Engineering, India. He is still pursuing his Master’s in Computer Science from Lakehead Uniersity, Ontario, Canada. He is in the days of his master’s and is expected to complete by the end of 2020. He was a junior QC Engineer at Ubisoft, Pune, India. He has completed his internship program at Ministry of Education, Toronto, Canada. Currently, he is a reviewer for IGI Global – International Journal of Big Data and Healthcare Analytics (IJBDAH), and also serves as an ad-hoc reviewer or other IGI journals such as IJHIS and IJTICS. The areas of interest for research are data mining, machine learning, compiler design and Big data technology. Other than core research interests, other computer science fields studied and passed are game programming, Artificial Intelligence, Web health informatics, deep learning and ethical issues in Computer science.
3) Ms. Juveriya Shaikh obtained her B.E degree in Computer Engineering from Modern Education Society’s College of Engineering, SP Pune University, India. She is working at Persistent Systems, Pune as a Software Engineer. Her expertise includes Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Internet of Things, Augmented Reality and Mixed Reality. She has developed multiple applications for education and interior designers using the Microsoft Hololens. She has good practical knowledge of Unity and Vuforia.
4) Dr. Parikshit N. Mahalle obtained his B.E degree in Computer Science and Engineering from Sant Gadge Baba Amravati University, Amravati, India and M.E. degree in Computer Engineering from Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune, India. He completed his Ph.D in Computer Science and Engineering specialization in Wireless Communication from Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark. He was Post Doc Researcher at CMI, Aalborg University, Copenhagen, Denmark. Currently, he is working as Professor and Head in the Department of Computer Engineering at STES’s Smt. Kashibai Navale College of Engineering, Pune, India. He has more than 20 years of teaching and research experience. He is serving as a subject expert in Computer Engineering, Research and Recognition Committee at several universities like SPPU (Pune), SGBU (Amravati).
He is a senior member IEEE, ACM member, Life member CSI and Life member ISTE. Also, he is a member of IEEE transaction on Information Forensics and Security, IEEE Internet of Things Journal. He is a reviewer for IGI Global – International Journal of Rough Sets and Data Analysis (IJRSDA), Associate Editor for IGI Global - International Journal of Synthetic Emotions (IJSE), Inderscience International Journal of Grid and Utility Computing (IJGUC). He is a Member-Editorial Review Board for IGI Global – International Journal of Ambient Computing and Intelligence (IJACI). He is also working as an Associate Editor for IGI Global - International Journal of Synthetic Emotions (IJSE). He has also remained a technical program committee member for International conferences and symposium like IEEE ICC, IEEE INDICON, IEEE GCWSN, IEEE ICCUBEA, etc.
He is a reviewer for the Springer Journal of Wireless Personal Communications, reviewer for Elsevier Journal of Applied Computing and Informatics, member of the Editorial Review Board of IGI Global – International Journal of Ambient Computing and Intelligence (IJACI), member of the Editorial Review Board for Journal of Global Research in Computer Science
He has published more than 150 research publications having 1103 citations and H index 13. He has 5 edited books to his credit by Springer and CRC Press. He has 7 patents to his credit. He has also delivered invited talk on "Identity Management in IoT" to Symantec Research Lab, Mountain View, California. He has delivered more than 100 lectures at national and international level on IoT, Big Data and Digitization. He has authored 13 books on subjects like Context-aware Pervasive Systems and Application (Springer Nature Press), Design and Analysis of Algorithms (Cambridge University), Data Analytics for COVID-19 Outbreak by CRC Press, Identity Management for the Internet of Things (River Publications), Data Structure and Algorithms (Cengage Publications), Programming using Python – (Tech-Neo Publications MSBTE)
He had worked as Chairman of Board of Studies (Information Technology), SPPU, Pune. He is working as Member – Board of Studies (Computer Engineering), SPPU, Pune. He has been a member of the Board of Studies at several institutions like VIT (Pune), Govt. College (Karad), Sandeep University (Nashik), Vishwakarma University (Pune), Dr. D. Y. Patil International University (Pune), etc. He has also remained a technical program committee member for many International conferences.
He is a recognized Ph. D guide of SSPU, Pune and guiding 7 PhD students in the area of IoT and Machine Learning. Recently, 2 students have successfully defended their Ph.D and has research finding of more than 10 lacs to his credit. He is also the recipient of "Best Faculty Award" by Sinhgad Institutes and Cognizant Technologies Solutions. His recent research interests include Algorithms, Internet of Things, Identity Management and Security. He has visited a few countries like Denmark, France, Sweden, Germany, Austria, Norway, China, Switzerland, and Singapore.