This book provides a variety of strategies for creating, grading, and using assessments in the virtual setting.
With more teaching and learning taking place online, teachers are adjusting their strategies for creating, grading, and using virtual assessments. This strategies-based book helps you understand the key challenges and solutions to delivering virtual assessments, including use of quizzes, digital worksheets, grading, preventing cheating, and considerations of equity, quality, choice, and efficiency. Designed so that you can pick it up and start reading from any chapter, this book covers topics such as:
- how to create, grade, and use traditional forms of assessment in the virtual space;
- how to leverage discussion for meaningful learning in the virtual classroom;
- how to create, grade, and use virtual performances and projects;
- digital tools that may be helpful in engaging with and assessing students in the virtual environment.
Based on research and full of practical examples, this book guides educators, professional learning teams, and whole schools in implementing a successful virtual assessment plan for all types of intended learning objectives.
1. Creating, Grading, and Using Traditional Assessment Strategies 2. Creating, Grading, and Using Classwork and Homework 3. Virtual Discussion Strategies 4. Virtual Performance Strategies 5. Virtual Projects
"I knew from the start that these authors were colleagues and understood what the past two years have been like for us educators in the classroom. …The accessible, mentoring tone continues throughout this focused and well-organized book. ...Ultimately, this book delivers on the promise of its title. …This is a book I will be referring to again and again as I plan and teach throughout the year."
-MiddleWeb review by Theresa Wood, Middle School English/Language Arts Teacher