Creating, Grading, and Using Virtual Assessments
Strategies for Success in the K-12 Classroom
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after November 16, 2021
This book provides a variety of strategies for creating, grading, and using assessments in the virtual setting.
With more teaching and learning taking place online, teachers are adjusting their strategies for creating, grading, and using virtual assessments. This strategies-based book helps you understand the key challenges and solutions to delivering virtual assessments, including use of quizzes, digital worksheets, grading, preventing cheating, and considerations of equity, quality, choice, and efficiency. Designed so that you can pick it up and start reading from any chapter, this book covers topics such as:
- how to create, grade, and use traditional forms of assessment in the virtual space,
- how to leverage discussion for meaningful learning in the virtual classroom,
- how to create, grade, and use virtual performances and projects,
- digital tools that may be helpful in engaging with and assessing students in the virtual environment.
Based on research and full of practical examples, this book guides educators, professional learning teams, and whole schools in implementing a successful virtual assessment plan for all types of intended learning objectives.
Table of Contents
1. Creating, Grading, and Using Traditional Assessment Strategies 2. Creating, Grading, and Using Classwork and Homework 3. Virtual Discussion Strategies 4. Virtual Performance Strategies 5. Virtual Projects
Kate Wolfe Maxlow is Director of Innovation and Professional Learning for Hampton City Schools, Virginia and an adjunct professor for Old Dominion University, USA.
Karen Sanzo is Professor in the Darden College of Education and Professional Studies at Old Dominion University, USA.
James R. Maxlow has been a public school teacher and administrator for over 20 years with a doctorate in Curriculum and Educational Technology. He is currently the Technology Support Manager for Hampton City Schools, Virginia.