A key role for primary school leaders is to develop strategies for promoting and ensuring high quality learning. This practical and accessible handbook has been written by an experienced primary leader, and will offer anyone seeking guidance on creating or maintaining a more effective primary school with a valuable and friendly resource.
Extensive coverage in this book includes:
* using organisation and leadership to create a positive ethos
* developing good relationships and creating teams
* managing the curriculum and raising pupil achievement
* the role of targets and planning in raising achievement
* fostering successful teaching and good classroom management and relationships
* working with the inspection process
* performance management
* dealing effectively with stress and time management.
Launching the new Kogan Page Primary Essentials series, this book will be welcomed by any primary leader who is seeking to develop their pupil's and their school's strengths and expectations.
Roger Smith is the headteacher of a large primary school in Warwickshire, and has many years' experience as a school leader, teacher and teacher educator. He is also an experienced author with a wide range of publications in the primary teaching field to his credit.
Reviewed with The Primary Headteachers Handbook
'These are highly practical books with many lists of ideas for implementation. They can be strongly recommended for primary headteachers, in particular those who are seeking books that will allow them to consider pragmatically their own leadership.' - School Leadership and Management