Creativity and Innovation
Theory, Research, and Practice
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after March 15, 2022
Creativity and innovation are frequently mentioned as key skills for career and life success in today’s world. This award-winning book brings together some of the world's best thinkers and researchers to offer insights on creativity, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
The new edition features fully updated chapters, including expanded coverage of exciting topics such as group creativity, ethics, development, Makerspaces, and lessons from other fields. Educational applications are emphasized throughout.
Creativity is often the spice of life, that little extra something that makes the mundane into the interesting, making our routines into fresh new approaches to our daily lives. With this book’s comprehensive and readable approach, you’ll be able to understand what creativity truly is (and isn't), how to foster it, and how it relates to intelligence, leadership, personality, and other concepts.
Table of Contents
- Defining Creativity
- Theories of Creativity
- Hot Topic: Sociocultural Approaches to Creativity
- The Creative Personality: Current Understandings and Debates
- Why Do We Create? The Roles of Mindset, Motivation, and Passion
- Hot Topic: Creativity and Mental Illness: So Many Studies, So Many Scattered Conclusions
- Hot Topic: Neuroscience of Creativity
- Cognition and Creative Thought
- Hot Topic: Insight: Developing Creative Thinkers with Ahas and Uh-ohs?
- A Pragmatic View of Teaching and Measuring Creativity Inside Digital Media Design
- Hot Topic: Creative Efficiency: More Ideas, Better, Faster!
- Creative Productivity across the Life Span
- Hot Topic: Development of Creativity: Different Phases for Different Ages
- Hot Topic: Pretend Play and Creativity
- Investing in Creativity in Students: The Long and Short (term) of It
- Hot Topic: Creativity in Groups: Catalyst or Complication?
- Teachers and Creativity
- Hot Topic: Creativity Assessment
- Hot Topic: Failure and Creativity
- Why are We Creative? Novel and Effective Products
- Hot Topic: Makerspaces: Supporting Creativity and Innovation By Design
- Hot Topic: Creative Articulation
- Hot Topic: Ethical Reflection as a Part of Creative Problem Solving
- What Teachers Should Know about Creativity in Business
- Leadership and Creativity: What Leaders Can Do to Facilitate Creativity in Organizations
- A Socio-cultural Perspective on Creativity and Technology: New Synergies for Education
Gayle T. Dow
Ronald A. Beghetto and James C. Kaufman
Vlad P. Glăveanu
Gregory J. Feist
Magdalena G. Grohman and Heather T. Snyder
James C. Kaufman
Matthew J. Worwood
Dean Keith Simonton
Sandra W. Russ
Sandra W. Russ and Alexis W. Lee
Amy K. Graefe and Stuart N. Omdal
Melanie S. Meyer and Jonathan A. Plucker
Kristen N. Lamb
Meihua Qian, Jonathan A. Plucker, and Qianyi Gao
Ronald A. Beghetto
David H. Cropley
Jonathan A. Plucker
Magdalena G. Grohman, Matthew J. Brown, and Eun Ah Lee
Ryan P. Royston and Roni Reiter-Palmon
Danah Henriksen, Punya Mishra, and Carolina Torrejon Capurro
Jonathan Plucker, Ph.D., is the Julian C. Stanley Professor of Talent Development at Johns Hopkins University. He is past-president of both the Society for the Psychology of Aesthetics, Creativity, and the Arts and the National Association for Gifted Children.