Digital Marketing: Integrating Strategy, Sustainability, and Purpose, Second Edition, draws on the latest digital tactics and strategic insights to help students understand how to generate sustainable growth through digital integration. It provides a roadmap to adopt a digital mindset, incorporate digital trends strategically, and integrate the most effective tactics and tools with organizational core values to achieve competitive advantage.
Retaining the popular integrated approach that introduces students to each concept as it becomes relevant to the digital marketing plan, this edition:
- Combines a strong theoretical foundation with practical insights and activities that give students a comprehensive understanding of how to implement a digital marketing strategy in a modern business environment striving for purpose
- Introduces the Sustainable Marketing Normal, a values-driven marketing model for the digital age which incorporates the 6Ps of marketing (product, price, place, promotion, participation, and purpose) to grow customer loyalty and advocacy and achieve sustainable outcomes for all stakeholders
- Outlines the key Drivers of Change and leading digital marketing trends that students must understand and incorporate to be future ready and drive business opportunities
- Demonstrates the impact of emerging technologies, such as virtual reality and augmented reality, on customers and other stakeholders
- Highlights the concept of "network thinking," as an opportunity for marketers and organizations to engage in activities that create value through platforms and networks
- Presents critical insights on the importance of using data analytics to inform and drive digital activities
- Incorporates QR codes throughout the book, which link to the book’s companion website, Digital Marketing Resource Center, offering a truly interactive learning experience
Updated examples, a broader set of case studies, and interactive exercises support students at all stages of digital literacy, making Digital Marketing, Second Edition, the go-to guidebook. An updated companion website, accessible at dmresourcecenter.com, also offers instructors a richer set of support material, including a test bank.
Figures & Acknowledgements
Foreword: Embrace the Sustainable Marketing Normal, Phillip Kotler
Foreword: Adopt a Sustainable Mindset; Market with Purpose, Roberto Croci
Preface: What is Digital, and Why Should I Care?
Introduction: Your Roadmap to Digital Integration
Chapter 1: Transforming from Traditional to Digital Values
Chapter 2: A Digitally Challenged Enterprise
Chapter 3: Drivers of Change
Chapter 4: Fundamentals of the Sustainable Marketing Normal
Chapter 5: Managing the Sustainable Marketing Normal
Chapter 6: Integrated Digital Marketing
Chapter 7: Define and Establish
Chapter 8: Convey and Augment
Chapter 9: Connect and Convert
Chapter 10: Measure and Refine
Chapter 11: Digital Alignment
Chapter 12: Structural Integration
Chapter 13: Evaluation and ROI
Chapter 14: Building Shared Value
Chapter 15: From Social Business to Digitally Integrated Organization
"Digital Marketing will prepare executives, managers, owners, and students to integrate digital and traditional marketing strategies and tactics with core values and business goals to achieve unprecedented levels of efficiency and innovation."
Philip Kotler, S.C. Johnson and Son Distinguished Professor of International Marketing, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, USA
"Kaufman, Horton, and Soltanifar’s guidebook gives readers an interactive overview of marketing in the digital age. Aspiring digital marketers will find a treasure trove of valuable insights from case studies, expert insights, digital diagnostics, and takeaways within these pages. Leaders and laymen alike can use this as a roadmap for bringing their marketing efforts to life in the 21st century."
Doug Conant, Former President and CEO, Campbell Soup Company, USA
"Digital Marketing is a must-read for anyone looking to take their digital marketing efforts to the next level, striving to achieve business goals while also promoting sustainability and purpose-driven initiatives. The authors’ thoughtful and engaging writing style makes complex concepts easy to understand; their insights apply to businesses of all sizes and industries. If you're looking to create meaningful change through your marketing efforts, this book is an excellent place to start."
Snjezana Slabek, Senior Director, Learning and Training, Cognite AS, Norway
"This book is excellent for those who want to grasp the crucial concepts of digital marketing in an era where sustainability is imperative for all brands. The second edition update adroitly summarizes the latest digital technologies and business functions driving today’s interconnected global marketplace."
Dr. Lau Kong Cheen, Associate Professor, School of Business, Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS), Malaysia