Digital Transformation in Accounting is a critical guidebook for accountancy and digital business students and practitioners to navigate the effects of digital technology advancements, digital disruption, and digital transformation on the accounting profession.
Drawing on the latest research, this book:
- Unpacks dozens of digital technology advancements, explaining what they are and how they could be used to improve accounting practice.
- Discusses the impact of digital disruption and digital transformation on different accounting functions, roles, and activities.
- Integrates traditional accounting information systems concepts and contemporary digital business and digital transformation concepts.
- Includes a rich array of real-world case studies, simulated problems, quizzes, group and individual exercises, as well as supplementary electronic resources.
- Provides a framework and a set of tools to prepare the future accounting workforce for the era of digital disruption.
This book is an invaluable resource for students on accounting, accounting information systems, and digital business courses, as well as for accountants, accounting educators, and accreditation / advocacy bodies.
Table of Contents
List of figures
List of tables
Part 1: Digital technology advancements, digital disruption, and digital business transformation.
1. Introduction and need for this book.
2. IT, information systems, strategic information systems, and digital technologies.
3. Digital technology advancements and digital disruption: game-changing opportunities and existential threats.
4. Digital business, the digital business imperative, and digital business transformation.
Part 2: Digital disruption and digital transformation of accounting.
5. Digital disruption and digital transformation of accounting.
6. Impact of digital disruption and digital transformation on accountants.
Part 3: Leveraging digital technologies to thrive in the digital era: roles of accountants in organization digital business capabilities.
7. The role of accountants in digital transformation strategy, digital business strategy, digital innovation, digital learning, adaptability, and agility.
8. The role of accountants in digital customer engagement, digital stakeholder engagement, and digital customer experience.
9. The role of accountants in enterprise architecture, technology sourcing, data analytics, data science, and data management.
10. The role of accountants in cybersecurity, information privacy, and digital ethics.
11. The role of accountants in digital leadership, accelerated change and transformation, digital risk management, and digital governance.
Part 4: Keeping up with digital technology advancements.
12. Keeping up with digital technologies.
Part 5: Digital technologies deep dive.
13. Data, data management, data analytics and data science technologies.
14. Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
15. Artificial intelligence technologies.
16. Video analytics, computer vision, and virtual reality technologies.
17. Robotics, drones and 3D / 4D printing technologies.
18. Network and connectivity technologies.
19. Blockchain and other distributed ledger technologies.
Richard Busulwa is a Lecturer and Researcher in the Business School at Swinburne University of Technology, Australia.
Nina Evans is Associate Professor of STEM at the University of South Australia.