Discover Creativity with 2-5 Year Olds
Promoting creative learning and development through best practice
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 30, 2022
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
Discover Creativity with 2–5 Year Olds explores young children’s creative development and shares important insight as to why and how practitioners can encourage their natural curiosity. It will help early years practitioners and professionals to rediscover the joy of working creatively with young children and how to support them in developing their ideas, thoughts and feelings through creative expression and opportunities.
The book provides an in-depth account of what creativity is and how best to support children in their creative endeavours. Covering the prime areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage, it is packed with engaging, cost-effective and achievable activity ideas to support the young creative mind. Including case studies, discussion boxes and reflective points, the chapters consider key topics underpinned by theoretical perspectives including:
- The unique differences and needs of toddlers and pre-school children
- Forming respectful relationships and the impact they can have on creativity
- The environment and resources that enable creativity
- Exploring outdoors and how to make the most of time with young children outside
- Encouraging a ‘process over product’ mindset
- The role of the adult in supporting creative thinking and exploration.
This wonderful guide will inspire practitioners and equip them with the tools they need to fully support and cultivate the curious and creative side to every child.
Table of Contents
About the Author
- Looking deeper at creativity
- What it means to be a creative toddler
- What it means to be a creative pre-schooler
- Pioneering Influences
- Forming respectful relationships
- Developing an environment for creativity
- Resourcing for creativity
- Exploring outdoors
- Let them play: Provocations
- Discover Cooking with young children
- Discover Communication and Language
- Discover Physical
- Discover Outdoors
Louise Day is Manager of Wally’s Day Nursery, UK, and author of Discover Creativity with Babies.