Doing Business in Emerging Markets
Progress and Promises
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after September 28, 2021
This volume presents a comprehensive analysis of the business, financial and economic aspects of emerging markets. Using case studies from India, Turkey, Bangladesh and Africa, it discusses themes such as megaprojects, infrastructure and sustainability; cross-border mergers and acquisitions; a new paradigm for educational markets; exports competitiveness; work engagement in service sector; mobile banking and crowdfunding; and venture capital flow into emerging economies, to focus on the trade, foreign investment, financial, and social progress of these economies. The chapters review the current state, learnings, changing scenarios, business practices, and financial and economic perspectives across emerging markets while examining progression, challenges and the way forward.
With its rigorous approach and topical content, this book will be useful to scholars and researchers of management studies, business management, financial management, business economics, international business, finance and marketing, development studies and economics. It will also interest policymakers and practitioners in the field.
Table of Contents
Doing Business in Emerging Markets: Progress and Promises — An Introduction
Sudhir Rana and Avinash Kumar Shrivastava
1. Megaprojects, Infrastructure and Sustainability in Emerging Markets
Gerardo del Cerro Santamaría
2. Developing a Conceptual Framework for Determinants of Exports Competitiveness in Emerging Markets
Rahul Dhiman and Vimal Srivastava
3. Learning Organization for Attaining Inclusive Growth: A New Paradigm for the Emerging Educational Market
Tomy K Kallarakal, Anand Shankar Raja M and Mugdha Shailendra Kulkarni
4. Investment Motivations and Institutional Quality: Cross-Border Mergers and Acquisitions by Turkish MNCs
Ayşe Kayaci and Aylin Ataay
5. Africa Through Times: Recent Successes and Lessons for Emerging Markets
Lemayon Lemilia Melyoki and Betty Jane Punnett
6. Towards Enhancing Work Engagement in Service Sector in India: A Conceptual model
Akansha Mer and Priyanka Vijay
7. Opportunities and Challenges of Sustainable Marketing Practices in Emerging Markets
Surabhi Singh and Naseem Abidi
8. Indian–Russian Bilateral Relations: Two Emerging Giants and their Business Relationship
9. Mobile Banking for Financial Inclusion in a Developing Economy: Evidence from Bangladesh
Md. Nur Alam Siddik
10. Crowdfunding in the Emerging Markets
Khaliq Ahmad, Rizal Mohd. Nor and Aimadhuddin Ahmad Kamely
11. Spillover Effect of Quantitative Easing on Venture Capital Flow into the Emerging Economies: A Case of India
Dipesh Karki, Hari Gopal Risal and Shirshak Dahal
Sudhir Rana is Assistant Professor in the College of Healthcare Management and Economics at the Gulf Medical University, Ajman, UAE.
Avinash K Shrivastava is Assistant Professor at the International Management Institute, Kolkata, West Bengal, India.