In this revised and fully updated second edition of the classic bestselling text, the formidable team of expert contributors, inluding Professor Tim Miles OBE, draw on their extensive experience in the field. The outcome is a wealth of material based on individual case studies supported by practical and accessible teaching strategies.
The new material includes:
- discussion of the latest thinking in the field – ideas on dyscalculia
- information from a survey of primary school children
- guidance on suitable testing material
- innovative contributions on practice.
The second edition of Dyslexia and Mathematics is unique in terms of its coverage and authority, and is a must-buy text for teachers, student teachers and special needs co-ordinators.
Table of Contents
1. Theoretical background 2. Individual diagnosis and cognitive style 3. Linking language to action 4. Reading and writing in mathematics 5. Difficulties at the secondary stage 6. The use of structured materials with older pupils 7. The use of patterns 8. Steering a way through number facts 9. Children's arithmetical difficulties 10. An overview.
'This book, a collection of contributions from six practitioners in the field of teaching dyslexic children of all ages, makes excellent reading for anyone involved in the teaching of mathematics.' - Mathematics in School