This edited collection, one of the first to be written chiefly by Vietnamese scholars, explores innovation in Vietnamese education under the impact of the Fourth Industrial Revolution. Vietnam is considered a booming country with its continued economic rise, and the contributors explore one of Vietnam’s strategies to achieve further economic growth, which is the innovation – and modernization – of its education system.
The content is split into two parts, the first focusing on innovations in educational policy and management and the second looking at innovation in teaching theories and methods. It shows the vitality and innovation coming from developing countries like Vietnam, where necessity breeds fast adoption of education technology and development.
This insightful edited volume will help researchers in comparative education, educational development, and Asian studies understand the achievements and challenges of Vietnamese general education and higher education in the Fourth Industrial Revolution.
Policy and Practice Towards Education 4.0 in Vietnam
Trung Tran, Cuong Huu Nguyen, and Loc Thi My Nguyen
1. Vietnam’s Educational Barriers with Challenges in the Context of the Industrial Revolution 4.0
Loc Thi My Nguyen et al.
2. Impacts of the Fourth Industrial Revolution on Human Resource Development in Vietnam
Trung Tran, Hien Thu Thi Ta, and Binh Pham-Duc
3. Quality Assurance of Distance Education in Vietnamese Higher Education
Cuong Huu Nguyen, Hien Thu Thi Ta, and Tien-Trung Nguyen
4. Career Development for University Lecturers in the Field of Educational Sciences Based on Competency Framework
Thuan Van Pham et al.
5. Competency Improvement for Functional Department Managers in Universities Satisfying Job Description Requirements
Thanh Thi Nghiem et al.
6. Teacher Education Curriculum in Vietnam: Obstacles and New Challenges
Nam Danh Nguyen and Quang Hong Pham
7. Developing Formative Assessment Capacity for Pedagogical Students
Trinh Thi Tuyet Le et al.
8. Application of the Lesson Study Model in Training Teachers in Vietnam
Nhi Thi Nguyen et al.
9. Collaboration Between Universities and Businesses in Vietnam
Loc Thi My Nguyen, Nam Danh Nguyen, and Cuong Huu Nguyen
10. Applying Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in Mathematics Teaching in High Schools in Vietnam
Cuong Minh Le et al.
11. Self-study Activities of Vietnamese High School Students via Mobile Devices
Thao Phuong Thi Trinh et al.
12. Application of Blended Learning in Teaching and Learning at High Schools in Vietnam
Hien Thu Thi Le et al.
13. Realistic Mathematics Education in Vietnam: Review of Two Decades of Innovation in Education
Tien-Trung Nguyen et al.
14. Authentic Assessment in Teaching at High Schools in Vietnam
Hang Thi Thu Nguyen et al.
15. Teaching of Reading Comprehension of Informational Texts for High School Pupils in Vietnam
Thuy Phuong La, Hien Thu Thi Pham, and Hai Anh Le
16. Challenges for the Implementation of the 2030 Agenda Educational Goals for Ethnic Minority Groups in Vietnam
Linh Khanh Hoang et al.