The Effective Teaching of History brings together the varied expertise of three experienced educationalists to provide a practical and invaluable guide for teachers, and teachers-in-training who wish to teach history Key Stages 1-4. It covers a wide range of methods and resources for teaching national curriculum history and examines the role of history in schools and colleges in the 1990s.
List of Figures
1. Selling history in schools and colleges in the 1990s
2. History teachng in the primary school: Key stages 1 & 2
3. Effective teaching: Key Stage 3
4. Resources for teacher-designed units: some general guidelines
5. History 14-16, Key Stage 4
6. History in the sixth form