Engendering Agricultural Development
Dimensions and Strategies
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after January 12, 2023
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
This book is an attempt to comprehend and compile the history, present status, and future trends of the gender roles in agriculture.
The book comprises of three divisions viz., Gender in agriculture development (Part I), Gender in allied sectors of agriculture (Part II) and Data, Tools and approaches in gender analysis (Part III), that explicates the prevalent gendered relegations. It provides insights on the gender dimensions in Indian agriculture, including initiatives, policy reforms and mends the literature gap in gender roles in the sector. The gender roles and impacts from different cultural and geographical horizons of agricultural and allied sectors in the emerging contexts of globalization, urbanization, climate change and the Covid19 pandemic are discussed in the book.
It will be helpful to academics, researchers, students, and social workers who strive towards a gender-neutral world.
Print and electronic editions not for sale in South Asia (India, Sri Lanka, Nepal, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Afghanistan and Bhutan).
Table of Contents
List of Contributors
Part-I: Gender in Agriculture Development
1. Gender in Agriculture: A Development Perspective
Binoo P. Bonny, Akhil Ajith and Lokesh S.
2. Gender Disaggregated Data in Agriculture
Mathura Swaminathan and S. Niyati
3. Gender Advocacy for Food and Nutritional Security
4. Design and Implementation of Gender Sensitive Extension Programmes
Nimisha Mittal and Rasheed Sulaiman V.
5. Public Private Partnership for Gender Mainstreaming in Agriculture
6. Gender in Agriculture Research: Trends Over the Years
Jayasree Krishnankutty, Shilpa Karat and Shinoji K.C.
7. Gender Dimensions in Natural Resource Management
Prema, A., Hema M. and Jyotsna C.
8. Climate Change and Gender Vulnerabilities in Agriculture
Chitra Parayil, Aiswarya.T.P. and Binoo P. Bonny
9. Gender Sensitization: A Step Towards Gender Inclusive Development
Sreeram Vishnu and Archana Bhatt
10. Gender-Sensitive Monitoring and Evaluation: Prospects and Challenges
Archana Raghavan Sathyan and Anu Susan Sam
Part-II: Gender in Allied Sectors of Agriculture
11. Gender Responsive Agribusiness Development: An Indian Perspective
K.P. Sudheer, Sreelakshmi K. Unni and Ann Annie Shaju
12. Gender in Household Nutrition and Community Health
13. Gender and Livestock Development
Reeja George P.
14. Gender Roles in Fisheries and Aquaculture
Tanuja S., H.K. De, G.S. Saha, I. Sivaraman, S.K. Swain and S.K. Srivastava
15. Gender Perspectives in Forest Management
Parvathy Venugopal and Abha Manohar, K.
16. Gender Friendly Tools and Equipments in Farm Mechanization=
Suma Nair, Suresh A. and Ayisha Mangat
Part-III: Tools and Approaches in Gender Analysis
17. Gender Analysis: Strategies and Tools
18. Gender Budgeting: A Tool for Women Empowerment
Smitha S. and Sulaja O.R.
19. Access and Adoption of Agricultural Technology and Interventions: A Gender Analysis
Anu Susan Sam and Archana Raghavan Sathyan
20. Extension Toolkits for Gender Responsive Value Chain Development
Aparna Radhakrishnan and Allan Thomas
21. Empowerment Through Rural Women Collectives
Sulaja O.R. and Smitha S.
22. Emotional Intelligence in Gender Empowerment
History: Reality and Challenges
23. Property Entitlement: Introspection on Women Rights
Adv. Linipriya Vasan
Binoo P Bonny, Professor & Head, Department of Agricultural Extension & Centre for Gender Studies in Agriculture and Farm Entrepreneurship Development, College of Agriculture, Kerala Agricultural University.
K P Sudheer, (ICAR National Fellow), Professor & Head, Department of Agricultural Engineering & KAU RAFTAAR Agribusiness Incubator, College of Agriculture, Kerala Agricultural University.
Smitha S, Assistant Professor, Centre for Gender Studies in Agriculture and Farm Entrepreneurship Development, College of Agriculture, Kerala Agricultural University.