Engineering Capstone Design
Structured with a practical approach, Engineering Capstone Design guides engineering students to successfully manage capstone design projects. The book addresses the challenge of open-ended design projects, often in a team-based format, discussing team member roles, communication, and cooperation. It incorporates accreditation requirements and provides a modern framework for working with industry, reinforced by the inclusion of case studies.
- Offers a structured process for capstone design, responsive to ABET accreditation requirements
- Explains how to manage design projects under critical timelines and budgets
- Covers essential topics and steps in a capstone design sequence, including defining, conceiving, presenting, prototyping, building, testing, and redesigning
- Considers industry perspectives, as well as design competitions
- Includes case studies for a look into industry experience
In addition to guiding engineering students conducting capstone design projects, this book will also interest industry professionals who are engaged in product development or design problem-solving.