Engineering Pedagogy Towards Outcome-Based Education
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
With the growing environment and consciousness of "outcome-based education," the importance of this subject has increased manyfold. Unfortunately, there is little information on engineering pedagogy available outside of scattered journal articles, conference and symposium proceedings, workshop notes, and government and company reports. This book overcomes these difficulties by presenting, in a single volume, many of the recent advances in the field of engineering pedagogy and its recent developments.
Engineering Pedagogy Towards Outcome-Based Education provides a systematic approach to explicit fundamentals as well as recent advances in the area. It incorporates various case studies for major topics as well as numerous academic examples. Each chapter contains many state-of-the-art techniques required for practical engineering applications.
This book serves as a useful source of information for practicing academicians and specialists as well as academic institutions working on the subject.
Table of Contents
Section I: State of Art
1. Pedagogy Toward Outcome-Based Engineering Education: The State of Art
Ranjan Kumar and Kaushik Kumar
2. Life-Long Learning Practices: A Conceptual Analysis
Udhaya Kumar and A. Kishore Kumar
3. Transformational Leadership: The New Mantra for Pedagogy in Higher Education
Section II: Ethics
4. Ethical Perspective on Engineering Education: A Systematic Education Approach
Shivangi Sahay and Anju Bharti
Section III: Tools and Methodology
5. Online Teaching in Universities in Developing Countries: Theory and Lessons
J. K. Tanui and F. M. Mwema
6. Significance of Outcome-Based Assessment and Evaluation-Centered Performance Indicators for Continuous Quality Improvement of Engineering Education
Didem Okutman Tas, Ebru Dulekgurgen, Gulsum E. Zengin, Burcak Kaynak, and Cigdem Yangin-Gomec
7. Significance of Advanced Pedagogies, Approaches, and Frameworks in Outcome-Based Education
T. Nivethitha and P. K. Poonguzhali
Section IV: Applications
8. Information Transfer in Education: Case Study Based on Teaching Lowcost Control Unit Programming
Alena Hašková, Peter Kuna, and Miloš Palaj
9. Home Assignments and Assessments in Online Learning
Nagamani, N. Subadra, S. Lalitha, and Bhartipudi Saketh Ram
10. Curriculum Mapping for Attainment of Student Outcomes from the Perspectives of Senior-Year Students and Instructors
Ebru Dulekgurgen, Cigdem Yangin-Gomec, and Didem Okutman Tas
11. Role of Learning Management Systems in Online Learning: A Case Study
N. Subadra, B. Nagamani, Aryan Kodte, and Ananya Chepuri
Kaushik Kumar, B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering, REC (Now NIT), Warangal), MBA (Marketing, IGNOU) and Ph.D. (Engineering, Jadavpur University), is presently an Associate Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, India. He has 14 years of Teaching & Research and over 11 years of industrial experience in a manufacturing unit of Global repute. His areas of teaching and research interest are Quality Management Systems, Optimization, Non-conventional machining, CAD / CAM, Rapid Prototyping and Composites. He has 9 Patents, 30 books, 27 Edited Book Volume, 46 Book Chapters, 200+ Journal and Conference publications to his credit (more than 100+ articles in journals indexed in Web of Science collection/h-index 8+/200+ citations, SCOPUS/h-index 8+/170+ citations, Google Scholar/h-index 17+/1300+). He is Editor in Chief, Guest Editor, Editor, Series Editor and Scientific Advisory for many international journals and conferences. He is also editorial board member and on review panel of International and National Journals of repute. He has been felicitated with many awards and honors.