Epistemological Approaches to Digital Learning in Educational Contexts
Epistemological Approaches to Digital Learning in Educational Contexts is dedicated to topical issues in school education and pedagogical science related to the learning process in a technology and media enriched environment. It opens up discussions on the development of the educational science sector and strategies for smart pedagogy to promote synergy between technology and pedagogy to support students in the learning process.
The book presents different perspectives on how to evaluate the enhancement of technology use, which can help improve Computational Thinking skills. It also helps in identifying the changes in pupils’ algorithmic thinking through programming in Scratch 2.0. The book further explores the way digitally-mediated materiality may support teaching practice and proposes tools that are available for the educational curator in a digital learning environment.
This book will be of great interest to academics, researchers, and post-graduate students in the fields of higher education, vocational education, and digital learning.
- The Concept of Smart Pedagogy for Learning in the Digital World
- Going Beyond Digital Literacy to Develop Computational Thinking in K12 Education
- The Role of Algorithmic Thinking Development in the Learning of Elementary School Pupils aged 10 – 13
- Digital Educational Games in Primary Education. Revisiting the Results of the Research Projects of the ETiE Initiative
- Digital Learning Materials: Does Content Make the Difference in a Digital World?
- Unpacking Digital Play in Children’s Play
- Materialities in digital education. A Focus on Small Italian Schools
- A Proposal of Smart Pedagogy for the School: Educational Curation as an Active Methodology
- Future challenges for ensuring technology enhanced learning
Divya Menon, Sowmya BP, Margarida Romero and Thierry Vieville
Miroslava Cernochová, Hasan Selcuk and Milan Svoboda
Polyxeni Kaimara, Sofia-Maria Poulimenou and Ioannis Deliyannis
Giuseppina Rita Jose Mangione and Samuele Calzone
Marilene Santana dos Santos Garcia and Luciano Frontino de Medeiros