Experiential marketing has become an indispensable tool for all types of businesses across multiple sectors. This book provides an all-encompassing, practical, and conceptual map of contemporary experiential case studies, which together offer insights into this exciting approach to customer experience.
Experiential Marketing incorporates 36 international case studies from 12 key sectors, from technology, consumer goods, and B2B to luxury, events, and tourism sectors. With a selection of case studies from leading brands, such as Coca-Cola, Nutella, Chanel, NASA, The New York Times, Pfizer, and Amtrak, the reader will learn and practice the experiential marketing tools and strategies through these examples. Expert testimonials, practical applied exercises, and the author’s online videos provide both theoretical foundations and concrete application.
This is a must-read for advanced undergraduate and postgraduate Marketing and Customer Experience students and an excellent teaching resource. It should also be of great use to practitioners – particularly those studying for professional qualifications – who are interested in learning experiential marketing strategies and developing knowledge about the way big brands in different sectors are designing the customer experience online and offline.
Online material includes lecture slides, a test bank of questions, an instructor’s manual, and explanatory videos.
Table of Contents
1. Customer Experience in the Technology Sector
2. How Consumer Goods Firms are Leveraging the Customer's Experience
3. The Customer's Experience in the Retail Sector
4. The Customer's Experience in the Food, Tourism, and Leisure Sector
5. The Customer's Experience in the Luxury and Fashion Sector
6. How B2B and Consultancy Firms are Leveraging the Customer's Experience
7. The Customer's Experience in the Banking and Insurance Sector
8. The Customer's Experience in the Media and Communication Sector
9. The Customer's Experience in the Transportation Sector
10. The Customer's Experience in the Healthcare Sector
11. The Customer's Experience in the Arts and Culture Sector
12. The Customer's Experience in the Sports, Events, and Entertainment Sector
Wided Batat is Professor of Experiential Marketing and an internationally renowned expert on customer experience and digital transformation. She is the author of Experiential Marketing: Consumer Behavior, Customer Experience and The 7Es (Routledge, 2019) and editor of Food and Experiential Marketing: Pleasure, Wellbeing and Consumption (Routledge, 2019).
"This volume is set to be an essential resource for any professor teaching customer experience. The book draws on the knowledge of some of the best in field and provides insights that students will return to year after year. The vast array of cases from across multiple sectors means this book will likely have a regular place on my desk, rather than my bookshelf."
Ekant Veer, Professor of Marketing at the University of Canterbury, New Zealand
"Professor Batat’s expertise in experiential marketing is applied once more successfully to business. The focus is on specific cases but moreover on making sure that the reader is challenged with questions and the adoption of new perspectives. This book is a must-read for anyone interested in customer experience and exemplary cases in different business domains."
Paula C. Peter, Professor of Marketing, San Diego State University, USA