Apple Academic Press
359 pages | 33 Color Illus. | 34 B/W Illus.
Field Practices for Wastewater Use in Agriculture discusses the growing importance of wastewater application in the field of agriculture. Addressing the tremendous need for the irrigation sector to reduce the demand for freshwater in agriculture, this volume looks at wastewater as a source for agricultural irrigation. The volume is divided into four sections: current and emerging issues in wastewater use in agriculture, wastewater management with biological systems, effective field practices for wastewater use, and case studies that provide information on scientific analytical studies on the environment under the influence of wastewater quality from different pollution sources.
This book sheds light on the vast potential of wastewater use in agricultural irrigation while also considering safety of the agricultural products for human consumption. Much emphasis has also been given to technological aspects for the treatment of wastewater to protect our environment for better public health protection.
Part 1: Prospects of Wastewater Use in Agriculture
1. Water Footprints of Sustainable Agriculture: An Appropriation of Fresh and Wastewater
Shweta Upadhyay and A. S. Raghubanshi
2. Heavy Metal Accumulation in Crops: Status, Sources, Risks, and Management Strategies
Mayuri Chabukdhara, Sanjay K. Gupta, and Arvind K. Nema
3. Wastewater Use in Agriculture: An Emerging Issue and Current and Future Trends
Vinod Kumar Tripathi and Ashish Kumar
Part 2: Wastewater Management with Biological Systems
4. Microorganism-Based Biological Agents in Wastewater Treatment: Potential Use and Benefits in Agriculture
5. Biosorption of Heavy Metals by Cyanobacteria from Textile Effluents
B. Jeberlin Prabina, K. Kumar, and N. O. Gopal
6. Water Quality Improvement: Use of Indigenous Plant Materials
S. Sivaranjani and Amitava Rakshit
7. Impact of Biofilm on Clogging of Drip Irrigation Emitters
Nivedita Khawas, Vinod K. Tripathi, and Anil Kumar
Part 3: Wastewater Use: Principles and Field Practices
8. Sustainable Soil Conservation and Management: Principles, Issues, and Strategies
9. Ex-Situ and in-Situ Crop Residue Management Technologies in Tropical Countries
Pebbeti Chandana, Y. Lavanya, and K. Kiran Kumar Reddy
10. Analysis of Groundwater Level: Groundwater Modeling Using GIS in Kolkata
11. Disposal of Effluents from Pulp and Paper Industries through Irrigation
Ajay Bharti and Pankaj K. Pandey
Part 4: Case Studies
12. Correlation Analysis of Municipal Sewage Discharge in River Ganges: Varanasi, India
Garima Jhariya, Devendra Mohan, and Ram Mandir Singh
13. Mapping of Normalized Difference Dispersal Index for Groundwater Quality Study on Parameter-Based Index for Irrigation: Kanchipuram District, India
Kishan S. Rawat et al.
14. Runoff and Sediment Estimation using ANN and ANFIS: Case Study of Godavari Basin, India
Ashish Kumar, Pravendra Kumar, and Vinod K. Tripathi