Flight Mechanics Modeling and Analysis comprehensively covers flight mechanics and flight dynamics using a systems approach.
This book focuses on applied mathematics and control theory in its discussion of flight mechanics to build a strong foundation for solving design and control problems in the areas of flight simulation and flight data analysis. The second edition has been expanded to include two new chapters and coverage of aeroservoelastic topics and engineering mechanics, presenting more concepts of flight control and aircraft parameter estimation.
This book is intended for senior undergraduate aerospace students taking Aircraft Mechanics, Flight Dynamics & Controls, and Flight Mechanics courses. It will also be of interest to research students and R&D project-scientists of the same disciplines.
Including end-of-chapter exercises and illustrative examples with a MATLAB®-based approach, this book also includes a Solutions Manual and Figure Slides for adopting instructors.
- Covers flight mechanics, flight simulation, flight testing, flight control, and aeroservoelasticity
- Features artificial neural network- and fuzzy logic-based aspects in modeling and analysis of flight mechanics systems: aircraft parameter estimation and reconfiguration of control
- Focuses on a systems-based approach
- Includes two new chapters, numerical simulation examples with MATLAB®-based implementations, and end-of-chapter exercises
- Includes a Solutions Manual and Figure Slides for adopting instructors