Future Directions of Educational Change
Social Justice, Professional Capital, and Systems Change
Future Directions of Educational Change brings together timely discussions on social justice, professional capital, and systems change from some of the leading scholars in the field of education. Engaging in theory and evidence-based debates covering issues such as literacy education, whole system reform, and teacher leadership, this volume argues that quality and equity are equally important in reshaping existing education systems both within the United States and globally. The authors offer contextual analyses of current educational research and practice while looking toward the future and offering thought-provoking arguments for challenging and rectifying the systemic inequalities within education today.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: The Many Future Directions of Educational Change
- Social Justice and the Future of Educational Change: Section Introduction
- In the Pursuit of Freedom and Social Justice: Four Theses to Reshape Educational Change
- Curricular and Pedagogical Perspectives on Transnational Students Within Socially Just Approaches to Literacy Education
- Social Justice, Educational Change, and Escuela Nueva
- Thirty Years After: From Research as Praxis to Praxis in the Ruins
- The Future Directions of Building Professional Capital: Section Introduction
- Strong Adult Professional Culture: The Indispensable Ingredient for Sustainable School Improvement
- Realizing Professional Capital By, For, and With the Learning Profession: Lessons from Canada
- Building and Sustaining Capital in New Zealand Education
- Leading Educational Change in Socially Networked Systems
- Systems Change: Section Introduction
- A Comparative View of Education System Reform: Policy, Politics, and People
- Experimental Research and Educational Change: Methodological Insights from the Global South
- SkillsFuture: The Future of Lifelong Learning in Singapore
- Coherence Making: Whole System Change Strategy
Alfredo Sarmiento and Vicky Colbert
Alan J. Daly
Helen Janc Malone
Pak Tee Ng
Joanne Quinn and Michael Fullan
Helen Janc Malone is the director of education policy and institutional advancement and the national director of the Education Policy Fellowship Program at the Institute for Educational Leadership, USA.
Santiago Rincón-Gallardo is a visiting scholar at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education, Canada, and chief research officer at Michael Fullan Enterprises Inc.
Kristin Kew is an assistant professor of educational leadership and management at New Mexico State University, USA.
"The struggle to both understand and change school systems so they are socially just and organized for all students is beautifully displayed here. This is a critically important book for our time!"
- Ann Lieberman, Emeritus Professor of Education, Teachers College, Columbia University
"Thinking about educational change within an international context has never been so critically important. Future Directions of Educational Change offers new perspectives and important insights into a changing global landscape. This book has to be on the bookshelf of those charged with, and responsible for, educational transformation, change and improvement."
- Alma Harris, FRSA, Professor of Educational leadership and Policy, University of Bath, UK