Gastronomic Tourism Experiences and Experiential Marketing
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after December 30, 2022
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
This book examines and offers insights into original, transdisciplinary, conceptual, and methodological perspectives on gastronomic tourism experiences from both tourists and service providers’ perspectives.
Gastronomic experiences for tourists can take many forms, including cooking classes, sustainable gastronomy, visiting farms, attending food festivals, and eating with locals in their home, among others. From an experiential marketing perspective, gastronomic tourist experiences provide an opportunity to further understand co-creation opportunities for chefs, destinations and other service providers. Service providers play a key role in packaging and promoting such experiences to differentiate destinations and build their reputation and destination image. The various chapters in this book cover a wide range of gastronomic experiences from different continents including Australia, Asia and Europe. The book also provides a review of current research themes on the topic, thus identifying areas where further research is needed.
Gastronomic Tourism Experiences and Experiential Marketing is an essential read for both undergraduate and postgraduate students of Tourism, Hospitality, Management and Consumer Behaviour. This book will also be beneficial for industry practitioners and service providers who have an interest in understanding tourists who partake in gastronomic experiences. The chapters in this book were originally published as a special issue of Tourism Recreation Research.
Table of Contents
Introduction: Gastronomic tourism experiences and experiential marketing
Saurabh Kumar Dixit and Girish Prayag
- Culinary destination consumer-based brand equity: exploring the influence of tourist gaze in relation to FoodPorn on social media
Guljira Manimont, Steven Pike, Amanda Beatson and Sven Tuzovic
- Exploring gastronomic tourism experiences through online platforms: evidence from Thai local communities
Uraiporn Kattiyapornpong, Morakot Ditta-Apichai and Chatchasorn Chuntamar
- The culinary creative process of Michelin Star chefs
Arlindo Madeira, T. Palrão, A. S. Mendes and M. C. Ottenbacher
- Gastronomic experience (co)creation: evidence from Taiwan and Catalonia
Min-Pei Lin, Estela Marine-Roig and Nayra Llonch-Molina
- Gastro-nostalgia: towards a higher order measurement scale based on two gastro festivals
Santanu Mandal, Sangeetha Gunasekar, Saurabh Kumar Dixit and Payel Das
- From plate to place: the role of restaurant servicescapes in the development of tourists' place meanings in Brittany, France
Sheila Matson-Barkat, Philippe Robert-Demontrond and Cele Otnes
- Blending tradition and modernity: gastronomic experiences in High Peruvian cuisine
Sandra Cherro Osorio, Elspeth Frew, Clare Lade and Kim M. Williams
- Discovering gastronomic tourists’ profiles through artificial neural networks: analysis, opinions and attitudes
Salvador Moral-Cuadra, Miguel Á. Solano-Sánchez, Antonio Menor-Campos and Tomás López-Guzmán
Saurabh Kumar Dixit is Professor and founding Head of the Department of Tourism and Hotel Management, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong (Meghalaya), India. His research interests include Consumer Behavior, Gastronomic Tourism, and Experiential Management and Marketing in hospitality and tourism contexts. He has fifteen books to his credit. He is an editorial board member, and guest editor of many international journals. His detailed profile can be seen at https://www.routledge.com/authors/i15903-saurabh-dixit
Girish Prayag is Professor of Tourism Marketing at the University of Canterbury Business School, Christchurch, New Zealand. He is the co-author and co-editor of several books in tourism including, Sense of Place and Place Attachment in Tourism (2021). He has published extensively on a range of tourism and hospitality topics including, food tourism and tourist emotions. He is the editor of method and practice for the journal Current Issues in Tourism and Speciality Chief Editor for Frontiers in Sustainable Tourism.