208 pages | 42 B/W Illus.
Learn how to teach global concepts and use them to increase critical thinking across the curriculum. In this new book from popular consultant Becky Hunt, you’ll get ready-to-use lesson plans, stories, and activities to help you teach five key global concepts—Change, Interdependence, Culture, Scarcity, and Power. Aligned with both the C3 Social Studies Framework and the Common Core State Standards for English Language Arts, these engaging lesson plans encourage critical thinking skills that will lead to increased creativity in problem solving.
This book is an essential resource for teachers looking to:
Special features include anchor stories, games, graphic organizers, and critical-thinking questions. Many of the tools are available as eResources on our website, www.routledge.com/9781138237940, so you can print and use them in your classroom immediately.
1. Introduction to Global Concepts
2. Change: It’s All Around Us
3. Interdependence: How We All Live and Work Together
4. Culture: Who We Are and How We Live in the World
5. Scarcity: How We Balance the Earth and Its Resources
6. Power: The Ability to Control Something or Someone Else
7. Implementing Global Concepts in Your School