Helping Children Who Yearn for Someone They Love & The Frog Who Longed for the Moon to Smile
- This format cannot be shipped to your selected country.
Prices & shipping based on shipping country
This practical guidebook, with a beautifully-illustrated storybook, enables teachers, parents and professionals to help children aged 4-12 connect with unresolved feelings affecting their behaviour.
Helping Children who Yearn for Someone They Love is a guidebook to help children who:
- are missing someone too much or suffer from separation anxiety
- are obsessed with their absent parent
- yearn for a parent who: has died; seems unreachable, although is right there
- is loving one minute and indifferent, cold or abusive the next
They yearn because they have been taken into care, fostered or adopted.
The Frog who Longed for the Moon to Smile features a story for children who yearn for someone they love. Frog is very much in love with the moon because she once smiled at him. So now he spends all his time dreaming about her. He waits and waits for her to smile at him again. One day a wise and friendly crow helps frog to see how he is wasting his life away. All the time he has been facing the place of very little, he's had his back to the place of plenty.