How Monsters Wish to Feel and other picture books
Seven Storybooks Set
This set of seven therapeutic storybooks contains stories that each tell of a different journey centred around a particular theme; such as emotional resilence, self-care, friendship, stress, resilient thinking and dealing with loss.
Designed for use alongside the guidebook Nurturing Emotional Resilience in Vulnerable Children and Young People (ISBN: 9781909301856), these beautifully illustrated storybooks will appeal to all children, and can be used by practitioners, educators and parents as a tool to discuss emotional resilience and other important issues with children.
How Monsters Wish to Feel is a therapeutic story about a journey to develop emotional resilience. Using the analogy of the Japanese art of Kintsugi, whereby broken pottery is restored to wholeness with a golden lacquer, the story alludes to the importance of focusing on the strengths and protective factors in a child's life, rather than the problems and risks, in order to promote emotional resilience.
The set includes:
- How Monsters Wish to Feel: A Story about Emotional Resilience (ISBN: 9781909301849)
- The Boat Star: A Story about Loss (ISBN: 9781138308824)
- The Boy who Longed to Look at the Sun: A Story about Self-Care (ISBN: 9781138308923)
- The Day the Sky Fell In: A Story about Finding your Element (ISBN: 9781138308886)
- The Girl Who Collected Her Own Echo: A Story about Friendship (ISBN: 9781138308893)
- The Hot and Bothered Air Balloon: A Story about Feeling Stressed (ISBN: 9781138309029)
- The Tale of Two Fishes: A Story about Resilient Thinking (ISBN: 9781138308848)
The storybooks can be purchased individually and also in a set alongside the guidebook (ISBN: 9781138556454).
**Purchasing the set represents a 40% saving compared to individually purchasing each book. Therefore, the set cannot be combined with any other offer.**
Table of Contents
Set of seven storybooks:
- How Monsters Wish To Feel: A Story about Emotional Resilience
- The Boy who Longed to Look at the Sun: A Story about Self-Care
- The Day the Sky Fell In: A Story about Finding your Element
- The Girl who Collected Her Own Echo: A Story about Friendship
- The Hot and Bothered Air Balloon: A Story about Feeling Stressed
- A Tale of Two Fishes: A Story about Resilient Thinking
- The Boat Star: A Story about Loss
Juliette Ttofa is a Specialist Senior Educational Psychologist with 15 years’ experience working with children and young people. She specialises in supporting resilience and well-being in vulnerable children.
Julia Gallego is a picture book illustrator and designer, and a graduate of the Manchester School of Art.