Integrated Marketing Communication
Advertising and Promotion in a Digital World
- Available for pre-order. Item will ship after November 30, 2021
Now in its second edition, this textbook explores the continuing transformation of advertising, sales promotion, and public relations functions within the marketing discipline. The content focuses on emerging new technologies, as well as established digital and legacy media, as the reader is guided through the process of developing and implementing a comprehensive Integrated Marketing Communication plan for companies, organizations, and brands.
Clear, concise and practical, the book takes the reader through consumer, market, and competitive research; creative conceptualization; market segmentation, identification of a target audience, and brand positioning; as well as strategic decisions involving the timing, placement, and intensity of advertising, sales promotion, public relations, and brand visibility. The new edition emphasizes the importance of social media, website development, search engine optimization, mobile marketing, brand promotion events, and retail store connectivity. Updated to include more digital content with detailed international examples, this new edition adds four new chapters including IMC objectives, budgets, and metrics, legacy media planning, B2B marketing strategies, and innovative technologies with topics such as artificial intelligence, predictive analytics, synthetic media, virtual reality, and voice marketing.
Upper-level undergraduate and postgraduate students will appreciate this lucid up-to-date text, as will business professionals in executive education and certificate programs. Experiential learning is provided with chapter assignments and a continuity case study woven into the textbook.
The second edition is also accompanied by robust online resources, including PowerPoint slides, chapter videos, lecture notes, classroom exercises, digital flash cards, test banks, instructor resource book, and interactive template for preparing an IMC Plan.
Table of Contents
1. Artificial Intelligence: Another Digital Transformation for the Future of Marketing
2. Integrated Marketing Communication: Pathways for Brand Messages and Content
3. Marketing Research Methods: Collecting and Analyzing Input for Decision-Making
4. Objectives and Budgets: Planning, Allocating, and Implementing Financial Resources
5. Segmentation Strategies: Prioritizing Target Groups for Effective Brand Communication
6. Creativity Strategies and Advertising: The Storytelling Process, People, and Procedures
7. Digital Media Strategies: Owned and Shared Pathways for Delivering Brand Content
8. Legacy Media Strategies: Paid Pathways for National and Local Advertising Campaigns
9. Sales Promotion Strategies: Motivating Shoppers to React and Respond to Special Offers
10. Public Relations Strategies: Earned Media Coverage and Building Lasting Relationships
11. Brand Visibility Strategies: Displaying a Physical Presence and Using Personal Contact
12. B2B Communication Strategies: Retaining Customers and Discovering New Buyers
Jerome M. Juska is an Adjunct Professor at Seminole State University. Dr. Juska has taught advertising management at the University of Illinois, Northwestern University and Franklin College in Lugano, Switzerland. He is also a consultant for agencies, media, and advertisers.