This beautifully illustrated and sensitive fairy tale has been created for children experiencing feelings of anxiety. With engaging and gentle illustrations to help prompt conversation, it tells the story of a boy who is taught by an animal-guide how to live in the present rather than fear the future. This book is also available to buy as part of the Therapeutic Fairy Tales, Volume 2 set, which includes The Waves and The Sky Fox.
Therapeutic Fairy Tales Volume 1 (2021) and Volume 2 are both a series of short, modern tales dedicated to exploring challenging feelings and life situations that might be faced by young children. Each fairy tale is designed to be used by parents, caregivers, and professionals as they use stories therapeutically to support children’s mental and emotional health.
Other books in the series include:
● The Waves: For Children Living With OCD
● The Sky Fox: For Children With Feelings Of Loneliness
● The Night Crossing: A Lullaby For Children On Life’s Last Journey
● The Storm: For Children Growing Through Parent’s Separation
● The Island: For Children With A Parent Living With Depression
● Storybook Manual: An Introduction To Working With Storybooks Therapeutically And Creatively
Into The Forest – part of the Therapeutic Fairy Tales series – is born out of a creative collaboration between Pia Jones and Sarah Pimenta.
"Into The Forest is a charming way to spark important discussions with children about anxiety and an engaging way to share creative, nature-focused strategies to support wellbeing."
– Marina Lewis-King, Programme Manager, A New Direction (award-winning not-for-profit organisation generating opportunities for children and young people to develop their creativity)
"Into The Forest is a precious story, therapeutic gold, as it weaves in the means of becoming more fully embodied through instinctual and sensory connection. The illustrations are fabulous, as we witness the transformation of the forest through the main character."
– Molly Wolfe, Art Psychotherapist, Sandplay Specialist
"Learning to be calm and ‘in the moment’ when experiencing difficult feelings such as loneliness, sadness, worry or fear is a really important core life skill that helps us cope with everyday ups and downs as well as with more stressful situations. This set of 3 therapeutic fairy stories cleverly explains how we can learn to do this through connecting with nature. A truly wonderful set of resources – of value to us all and in particular to those with emotional or mental health difficulties."
– Sarah Temple, GP and author www.allemotionsareok.co.uk