John Taylor jumpstarts pupil and teacher enthusiasm for ICT learning with this refreshing range of simple to use activities, games and creative lesson starters. Encouraging and developing creative uses of basic ICT software, Jumpstart ICT widens teachers’ horizons, bringing ICT to the fore as an exciting resource and classroom tool.
Key aims of the book include:
- making learning ICT techniques fun for both teacher and pupil
- developing the ICT confidence of non-specialist teachers
- providing opportunities for non-specialist teachers to learn and demonstrate specific techniques
- encouraging pupils to creatively explore ways to achieve tasks
- giving pupils opportunities to apply their learning of techniques through task races.
@text:Aimed at all KS2 teachers and KS3 ICT teachers seeking to refresh their ICT teaching, these quick ‘starter’ activities will provide variety and challenge to a typical ICT lesson.