Learning to Teach Using ICT in the Secondary School offers teachers of all subjects a comprehensive, practical introduction to the extensive possibilities that ICT offers pupils, teachers and schools. Under-pinned by the latest theory and research, it provides practical advice and guidance, tried-and-tested examples, and covers a range of issues and topics essential for teachers using ICT to improve teaching and learning in their subject.
The third edition has been fully updated in light of rapid changes in the field of both ICT and education and includes six brand new chapters. Key topics covered include:
- Theories of learning and ICT
- Effective pedagogy for effective ICT
- Using the interactive whiteboard to support whole class dialogue
- Special needs and e-inclusion
- Literacy and new literaciesNEW
- Multi-play digital games and on-line virtual worldsNEW
- Mobile learningNEW
- Supporting international citizenship through ICTNEW
- Linking home and school
- ICT tools for administration and monitoring pupil progressNEW
- Tools for professional development.
Including case studies and tasks to support your own learning, as well as ideas and activities to use with all your students, Learning to Teach Using ICT in the Secondary School is a vital source of support and inspiration for all training teachers as well those looking to improve their knowledge. If you need a guide to using ICT in the classroom or for professional support, start with this book.
1. Introduction Section 1 Understanding ICT for teaching and learning 2. Theories of learning and ICT 3. What the research has to say: The impact of technology on teaching and learning 4. Literacy and new literacies 5. ICT and pedagogy Section 2: Using ICT in the classroom 6. ICT tools for teaching and learning 7. Using the interactive whiteboard to support dialogue in the whole class context 8. Special needs and e-inclusion 9. Virtual worlds, online games and opportunities for learning 10. Digital Video 11. E-assessment and personalising learning 12. Supporting the global dimension and international citizenship 13. Mobile learning 14. Whole school approaches 15. Linking home- school use Section 3: ICT for professional support and development 16. Teaching and learning with ICT: Overcoming the challenges of being a 21st century teacher 17. ICT tools for administration and monitoring pupil progress 18. ICT tools for professional development