Thousands of students graduate from university each year. The lucky few have the rest of their lives mapped out in perfect detail – but for most, things are not nearly so simple. Armed with your hard-earned degree the possibilities and career paths lying before you are limitless, and the number of choices you suddenly have to make can seem bewildering.
Life After Biological Sciences has been written specifically to help students currently studying, or who have recently graduated, make informed choices about their future. It will be a source of invaluable advice and wisdom to business graduates, covering such topics as:
- Identifying career paths that interest you
- Seeking out an opportunity that matches your skills and aspirations
- Staying motivated and pursuing your goals
- Networking and self-promotion
- Making the transition from scholar to worker
The Life After University series of books are more than simple ‘career guides’. They are unique in taking a holistic approach to career advice - recognising the increasing view that, although a successful working life is vitally important, other factors can be just as essential to happiness and fulfilment. They are the indispensable handbooks for students considering their future direction.
Table of Contents
1. Decisions, Decisions... 2. Creating Your Career 3. Next Steps to Achieving Your Goals 4. Connecting with Your Network 5. Hunting Out that Right Opportunity 6. Proving Yourself: From Scholar to Worker 7. Applying Some Self-Promotion 8. What’s Stopping You? 9. Moving on…Your Future 10. Here’s to Life!
Sally Longson is a life coach and a well-known writer and media commentator in the field of careers.