Fed up with conflicting advice? This book offers real answers to the following questions and more…
Can sleep training harm my baby?
Is screen time bad for my child?
Is breast always best?
Psychologist Dr Sarah Kuppen, expert in early child development, uses her scientific expertise to sort through the hype and give you the facts. Using the latest developmental research, she provides practical tips and solves more than 50 familiar parent questions and dilemmas. Inside you will find advice on:
• five ways to tame a tantrum
• what to do if your child isn’t talking
• the scientific facts on breast versus formula feeding
• managing sibling fights and conflict.
Little Kids, Big Dilemmas is an essential guide for science-minded parents and childcare professionals alike. Reading this book will allow you to make informed decisions on the big topics for parenting in the early years.
"This book stands out among the crowd as it is based on state-of-the-art research on parenting and child development. It answers all those niggling questions that parents want answers to but don’t know who to ask. Little Kids, Big Dilemmas not only reassures but also offers scientifically valid practical advice." - Professor Susan Golombok, Director, Centre for Family Research, University of Cambridge (UK)
1. Help! Toddler tantrums are making my life miserable!; 2. I’m exhausted - How can I get more sleep?; 3. What’s the truth on breastfeeding?; 4. How much is too much screen time?; 5. My pre-schooler has no interest in letters or sounds. Should I be worried?; 6. My two year old isn’t talking!; 7. Why has he started lying?; 8. What can my newborn do?; 9. Is there really a bilingual advantage?; 10. How early is too early for music?; 11. Does my child have ADHD?; 12. How do I support my pre-schooler without being a pushy parent?; 13. How can I stop them fighting?