126 pages | 18 B/W Illus.
The KS3 curriculum plays a critical part in giving students the best possible start to their secondary education and preventing the need for intervention later on. This timely book provides detailed guidance on how to develop a robust, multifaceted, inclusive and challenging KS3 curriculum in English that provides a secure and progressive link between KS2 and KS4.
Featuring examples of curriculum models and audits of current practice, chapters cover key topics such as:
Make Key Stage 3 Matter in English will be an invaluable resource for KS3 English coordinators, teachers and all those involved in the planning and delivery of the KS3 English curriculum.
1. The Importance of Key Stage 3 English
2. Developing the Planning Cycle for Key Stage 3 English
3. Assessment in Key Stage 3 English
4. Inclusion and Challenging the Most Able in Key Stage 3 English
5. Planning for English Transition Across the Primary and Secondary Phase
6. LAC and SPAG: Divisive or Cohesive Abbreviations in the Key Stage 3 English Curriculum?
7. Speaking and Listening in the Key Stage 3 English Curriculum
8. Using Multimodal Texts in Key Stage 3 English
9. Key Stage 3English Homework
10. KS3 English: Where Next?