Managing Airports An International Perspective
Fully revised and updated to consider recent developments in the industry, the sixth edition of Managing Airports: An International Perspective provides comprehensive and cutting-edge insight into the processes behind running a successful airport.
Logically structured and embellished with illustrative diagrams and tables throughout, this edition approaches management topics from a strategic and commercial perspective and provides an innovative and accessible understanding of how modern-day airports are operated. Containing a plethora of global case studies covering a range of different airports from many different parts of the world, the book maintains a balance between coverage of key principles and practice of airport management, together with thorough consideration of current and topical issues. This edition has been updated to include:
• New content on the significant economic and operational impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic on the global air transport industry, technological and digital advances, the changing air transport environment, airline developments, net zero goals and evolving markets.
• Updated and expanded content on sustainability development and airports’ adoption of sustainable development goals, changes in airline business models, airport digital marketing, the passenger biometric airport journey and airport diversification strategies.
• New and updated international case studies to show recent issues and theory in practice.
International and multidisciplinary in approach, this edition is a vital resource for students, lecturers and researchers of transport and tourism, and practitioners within the air transport industry.
2. The structure of the airport industry
3. Airport economics
4. The airport–airline relationship
5. Airport operations
6. Airport service quality and the passenger experience
7. Provision of commercial facilities
8. Airport competition and the role of marketing
9. The economic and social impact of airports
10. The environmental impact of airports
11. Future prospects