This cutting edge, innovative volume offers the best of current scholarship on feminist perspectives in marketing. Through many exciting and often controversial discussions, it highlights and challenges assumptions about women and gender in marketing theory and practice from both historical and current contexts. Key issues and debates include:
* the dark side of female consumption
* women and marketing in Socialist economies
* women and advertising
* ecofeminism and marketing
* gender, marketing and cultural diversity
* marketing, sex and sexuality.
Written by internationally recognised experts in marketing and feminism, this book makes a unique contribution to marketing scholarship.