Organizations are now recognizing the importance of demand-supply integration to their growth and success. While marketing and supply chain management are an essential part of any business qualification, it is becoming increasingly essential to understand the need for integration between synergize marketing and SCM.
Marketing and Supply Chain Management is among the first to synergize these two disciplines. Its holistic approach provides students with a macro-level understanding of these functions and their symbiotic relationship to one another, and demonstrates how both can be managed synergistically to the benefit of the organization.
This bridge-building textbook is ideal for students of marketing, logistics, supply chain management, or procurement who want to understand the machinations of business at a macro level.
Table of Contents
Part I Theoretical context
1. Marketing and supply chain management challenges
2. Introduction to marketing and supply chain management
3. Marketing and supply chain management coexistence in today’s market arena
4. Identifying the challenges and trends of marketing and supply chain management
5. Integrated framework of marketing and supply chain management
Part II Functional delimitation
6. A systemic approach to distribution channels
7. A holistic approach to demand handling
8. Procurement from a marketing and supply chain management point of view
Part III Contemporary issues
9. Typical approaches of marketing and supply chain management synergies
10. Technologies of marketing and supply chain management synergies
Dimitris Folinas is an associate professor in the Department of Logistics at the Technological Educational Institute of Central Macedonia, Greece.
Thomas Fotiadis is an assistant professor of marketing and director of the Marketing Laboratory, Department of Production and Management Engineering, Polytechnic School, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece.